Conference Workspace Summit 2019
- In accordance with the provisions of Section 1751 (1) of Act No. 89/2012 Coll., Civil Code (hereinafter referred to as the “Civil Code”), the subject matter of these General Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as the “Terms and Conditions”) are the mutual rights and obligations arising under a contract, the subject of which is the performance pursuant to Article 2 of the Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as the “Contract”), concluded between Workspace Summit s.r.o., Company Registration Number: 08090611, with its seat at Štefánikova 248/32, Smíchov, 150 00 Prague 5, a company registered in the Commercial Register maintained by the Municipal Court in Prague, Section C, Entry 312852 (hereinafter referred to as the “Provider”), and a natural or legal person who ordered the ticket by completing the registration form on the Website (hereinafter referred to as the “Client”).
SUBJECT MATTER OF THE CONTRACT
- The subject matter of the Contract is the provision of services to the Client by the Provider consisting of allowing the participation of a natural person whose personal data are listed in the registration form on the website (hereinafter referred to as the “Participant”) in the Workspace Summit 2019 Conference (hereinafter referred to as the “Conference”) on November 28th, 2019 and under the conditions specified by the Terms and Conditions and the Contract.
- The Client is obliged to ensure that the Participant complies with the rules of operation of the Cubex Centrum Prague operator, with its seat at Na Strži 2097/63, 140 00 Prague 4, where the Conference shall take place, as well as instructions of the Provider or the venue operator.
- Participation in the Conference is only possible on the basis of a valid ticket purchased in accordance with the Terms and Conditions (hereinafter referred to as the “Ticket”). Moreover, the Participant has to prove their identity and fulfilment of the conditions prerequisite the issue of the Ticket. The Provider is entitled to check these facts at any time during the Conference.
- During the Conference, the Participant is obliged to have the Ticket with them and to prove it upon request of a person authorised by the Provider, either in paper or electronic form.
- The Ticket shall contain the name and surname of the Participant but is transferable to another person.
- Tickets for the Conference are available in three types: Single Ticket, 3+1 Free Ticket and Business/Investor Ticket. The ticket type is marked on the Ticket.
- Together with the Ticket, the Client may purchase entry to a social evening and workshops, which will take place on the day immediately following the end of the Conference (hereinafter referred to as “Accompanying Events”). Participation in these Accompanying Events will be allowed only to Participants who purchase access to them.
- The price of the Ticket includes small snacks and coffee during the Conference, entry to all lectures and an evening welcome drink with the partners of the Conference.
- The Single Ticket and 3+1 Free Ticket guarantee the Participant a standard entry to the Conference. There are no exclusive rights associated with it.
- Besides the standard entry to both days of the Conference, the Business/Investor Ticket guarantees the Participant also the participation in Accompanying Events, including meetings with speakers, reserved front seats and access to the VIP Lounge during the Conference.
- The Ticket price is progressive according to the date of its ordering. The price includes 21% VAT and is listed on the Website.
- A person who is unable to provide a valid Ticket and a document corroborating the conditions prerequisite the issue of the given type of the Ticket (hereinafter referred to as the “Unauthorised Participant”) may not be accepted by the Provider at the Conference or expelled from the Conference. In this case, the Unauthorised Participant is not entitled to a refund of the paid Ticket price. If the capacity of the Conference is not fulfilled, the Provider may allow the Unauthorised Participant to participate in the Conference if the Unauthorised Participant pays a supplement equal to the difference between the highest price of the Ticket of that particular type, which condition the Unauthorised Participant currently meets and is able to corroborate, and the price of the Ticket already paid by the Unauthorised Participant.
CONCLUSION OF THE CONTRACT
- The Tickets and Accompanying Events are available on the Provider’s website at https://workspacesummit.eu (hereinafter referred to as the “Website”). The Ticket prices (according to Ticket type) and Accompanying Events listed on the Website and in these Terms and Conditions are valid at the time of their display and may change over time. The presentation of Tickets and Accompanying Events on the Website is not an offer to conclude a contract under Section 1731 of the Civil Code.
- The Client shall select the type of Ticket on the Website, fill in their contact details (name, surname, telephone number, E-Mail-Address, place of residence), select the method of payment (by card or based on an advance invoice), and agree with the Terms and Conditions. In addition to the requirements of the Order mentioned above, the Client may also choose access to Accompanying Events and enter the billing information (business name, Company Registration Number, Tax Identification Number, registered office). The Client may also optionally fill in their current job position and a discount code used to purchase the Ticket. By completing the Order – by clicking on the “Finish” button, they apply to conclude the Contract in accordance with Section 1731 of the Civil Code (hereinafter referred to as the “Order”). The Order shall also include the Ticket price, eventually the price of Accompanying Events, which is the final price, including VAT, and all other taxes and fees.
- After the Client sends the Order by clicking on the “Finish” button, they shall obtain, according to the selected method of payment, an advance invoice to pay the Ticket price, or be redirected to the payment gateway where they can pay the Ticket price, as well as the price of the Accompanying Events. The price can only be paid by cashless via an online payment gateway, or by transfer to the Provider’s bank account kept with the [TO BE SPECIFIED], in EUR, as stated in the advance invoice, which shall be sent to the Client’s E-Mail address.
- In the case of online payment by credit card, the price of the Ticket and, eventually the Accompanying Events, must be paid within one hour from the moment of submitting the Order, in accordance with the payment instructions of the Provider stated in the respective payment gateway. In the case of payment by bank transfer to the Provider’s bank account, the price of the Ticket must be paid within seven days from the day of submitting the Order, in accordance with the payment instructions of the Provider stated on the advance invoice. In the case of payment by credit card, the moment of crediting the appropriate amount to the account of the payment intermediary shall be considered as the moment of payment; and, in the case of bank transfer, it shall be the moment of crediting the appropriate amount to the Provider’s account.
- Shall the price of the Ticket and the Accompanying Events be not paid within the period specified in Article 4.4., the order is cancelled.
- The Contract is concluded by the payment of the Ticket price, eventually including the price of Accompanying Event (if the Client has selected some of the Accompanying Events in their Order).
- Upon the payment receipt, the Provider shall send to the Client (to their E-Mail-address cited in the Order) the confirmation of payment of the Ticket price, and eventually the Accompanying Events price, together with the electronic form of the Ticket. If the payment was executed on the basis of an advance invoice, the Provider should send a final invoice – a tax document – to the Client, to the email specified in the Order.
INCORRECT PERFORMANCE, COMPLAINTS
- The rights and obligations of the Contracting Parties regarding the rights of incorrect performance are governed by the relevant generally binding regulations (in particular the provisions of Sections 1914 to 1925, Act No. 89/2012 Coll., the Civil Code).
- In particular, a change of program, change of the Conference venue or change of the Accompanying Events venue after the conclusion of the Contract shall not be considered as the incorrect performance of the Provider. The Provider reserves the right to make such changes, especially in the case of force majeure or for reasons independent on the Provider’s will. The Provider shall inform the Client about a change of the program by sending an email to their E-Mail address without undue delay.
WITHDRAWAL FROM THE CONTRACT
- If the Conference cannot be held for reasons beyond the control of the Provider, the Provider is entitled to withdraw from the Contract.
- If the withdrawal from the Contract is subject to reimbursement, the Provider shall return the funds to the Client by using the same method of payment as they were provided.
- With regard to the nature and price of the event, the Client shall be considered a professional and not a consumer within the meaning of Section 419 of the Civil Code. Therefore, the consumer protection provisions, in particular, Section 1810 et seq. of the Civil Code, shall not be applied.
- The Client is entitled to unilaterally cancel the commitment arising from the Contract by fiving a notice of the Contract cancellation (hereinafter referred to as the “Notice”), which must be delivered to the E-Mail address firstname.lastname@example.org no later than 30 days before the Conference, and by paying a severance. Shall the Notice be delivered to the Provider no later than 30 days before the start of the Conference, the severance equals 75% of the price of the Ticket paid. The Contract shall be cancelled upon receipt of the Notice. Under this Article, the severance shall be offset against the claim for the reimbursement of the Ticket price paid.
- Shall the Notice be delivered to the Provider to the E-Mail mentioned above address later than 30 days before the start of the Conference, the Client is obliged to pay the Provider a severance, which is 100% of the Ticket price paid. The Provider is entitled to unilaterally set off their Client receivables in the form of the severance pay under this Article against the Client’s claim for the refund of the price for the Ticket.
PROTECTION OF PERSONAL DATA
- The Provider processes personal data of the Client and the Participant due to the fulfilment of the contractual relationship between them and the Client within the meaning of Section 6 (1) (b) of the General Regulation of the European Parliament and of the Council of the EU 2017/679 on the Protection of Personal Data, to the extent provided by the Client; these comprise, as far as possible: name, surname, place of residence, E-Mail address, and telephone number.
- Specifically, the partial purposes of personal data processing are as follows:
- The delivery of the Ticket to the Client, sending all information about the Conference, business communications concerning the Conference and the Conference partners, and allowing the Participants to attend the Conference;
- Identification of the Client in the event of settling complaints under Article 6 of the Terms and Conditions;
- Sending a one-time business offer by third parties – Conference partners.
- The Client shall enter their personal data by filling in the registration form on the Website. In case of incorrectly entered data (e.g. typing errors in name or telephone number), the Client is obliged, in their own interest, to contact the Provider. The Provider shall store the personal data for the period strictly necessary, but not longer than 12 months, and then delete it. If the Client wishes to delete the information earlier, they may contact the Provider and request the deletion of the personal data provided by the Client.
- The Provider shall keep the E-Mail addresses of all Clients for an unlimited period and use them to send commercial communications concerning the Conference, as well as other upcoming years of the same Conference. When filling in the registration form on the Website, the Client may click on the clearly marked field that they wish to receive commercial communications (their E-Mail address will be subsequently included in the mailing list). The Client may eventually cancel the receiving of commercial communications by sending a written request to the E-Mail address email@example.com, in which they state that they do not wish to receive any commercial messages, or by clicking on the request to cancel the sending of commercial messages that form part of each business communication. In this case, the E-Mail address of the Client shall be removed from the mailing list.
- The Provider is entitled to take photographic documentation and audio/video/audio-visual recordings at the Conference for the Provider’s own use, for the purposes of presentation of Provider’s activities, as well as for advertising (commercial) and editorial purposes (the so-called publishing in periodicals). When taking the photographic documentation and audio/video/audio-visual recording, the Provider shall strive to preserve the Participants’ privacy as much as possible. If the Participant finds out that they can be clearly recognisable at a particular snapshot, they may contact the Provider and request that they take additional technical measures, which ensure that the Participant concerned shall be rendered anonymous as a visitor, in particular by artificial blurring.
- The Client or the Participant is entitled to contact the Office for Personal Data Protection at any time with requests or complaints concerning the processing of their personal data on the Provider.
- These Terms and Conditions are an integral part of the Contract.
- Legal relations between the Provider and the Client arising from the Contract shall be governed by Czech law.
- Contracts concluded in accordance with these Terms and Conditions may only be amended in writing, by successive numbered amendments signed by both Parties.
- Contact Details of the Provider:
- • Delivery address: Workspace Summit s.r.o., Štefánikova 248/32, Smíchov, 150 00 Prague 5.
• E-Mail-Address: firstname.lastname@example.org
- These Terms and Conditions take effect on April 24th, 2019.